Monday, August 2, 2010

August MPTS Design Team Challenge




If you are up for a challenge, go swing by the More Paper Than Shoes blog to find out more! It's shabby, Parisian, uses crackly paint, metal, and fabric!

For my project, which is a journal cover, I used the following:


Zip Dry
Claudine Hellmuth Paint and Gesso
Staz On Ink, Brown

My journal cover is from Hobby Lobby...I found it clearanced. It looked a bit different, but with paint and the crackling affect, turned out JUST like I wanted it too. I created that butterfly using this punch, and then carefully cutting a few edges to create the butterfly's shape, and added craft supply stamens for it's "feelers." The letter stickers (and metal pieces, I think, also) are by Making Memories. The "be it ever so humble" sticker is from this 7 Gyspies Sticker Sheet. And last but not least, a craft supply feather, and tiny sticker pearls from Prima.

I have great plans, HA!, for this little beauty- perhaps making it into a blog banner in the future.

Blessings,

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

It's lovely!

LynneForsythe said...

I love the colors...I just love it all!!!

peggylee said...

THis is soooo awesome, I just really love it!!!! I had a blast with this challenge....

milkcan said...

It turned out wonderfully! I love that particular shade of blue!

Reinspire said...

Great Job! I want to join in!