Friday, December 17, 2010

I'm sitting here

Letting the Christmas spirit make it's way Into to our home. It's fairly quiet. Children being read to in bed. What a good Father my sweetie is. I'm listening to the Pandora app on my iPad...it's fixed on some nice Christmas music of course. All lights are off except for the tree. Our tree is a mismatched spectacle of trimmings....vintage bells, fringe yarn garland, paper chains handmade by the three Christmas elves, Vintage wooden ornaments, a handmade felted Santa, antique bulbs, some newer all white ornaments from a few years ago.....and a few handmade ornaments by Ella and Philip. Underneath the tree is a red and white striped round tablecloth of my grandmothers...it's small enough to make the perfect tree skirt. Looking at this tree makes me happy.

Yes, it's not perfect.

The kids have bumped into it, have moved ornaments around, have played with other toys in The bottom branches...

But still, it's this sweet, simple sight for our family to enjoy. A blessing. As well as the reason we pulled this tree out.... baby Jesus. Thank you, Lord! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

Love the description of your tree! Could we hope for a photo too? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I can see everything!...and sense your spirit...and remember sitting in the same chair as you...
LTTS

re:Inspire said...

I love moments like that! Looking forward to spending Christmas day together!