Saturday, February 12, 2011

God Gave Us The World, review





God Gave Us The World....He most certainly did. With love for us, he did so. With perfect knowledge he did that. With sweet creativity, he made the world. I love how God is described as being creative. What a wonderful thing to teach a child. Ms. Bergen is right on with that concept and many others. It's touching, the questions the little cub asks it's mother. The replies are just as warm and thoughtful. The pictures are charming throughout the book. When a certain food is thought as being less desired by the cub, the mother chimes in that the other bear thinks it is "delicious.". Again, a positive element to be taught.

Mama Bear explains the vastness of Gods power and plan to her cub through terms such as special, a mirror, home, amazing, and gift. She also uses comparisons of Gods nature (to create) to cub's grandparents' past times. A fun way to show the little cub about God. This precious book delighted my toddler, and my soon to be 8 year old read it at her first chance. I highly recommend this children's story. It's beauty lies in it's simple truths! Not only is it beautiful, it's educational and could be part of a preschool or kindergarten homeschool program. At least, that's what I will do once my littlest one is a couple years older! I recieved this book free from Waterbrook Press, and this review is my own.

No comments: