Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Voices of the Faithful book review


I recently decided to return to reviewing for books! It's a bit of extra work on my part, but I want to participate as I clearly felt lead to do so again. So, here we go!
Voices of the Faithful
by Beth Moore
Thomas Nelson, publisher


From the looks of the book, Voices of the Faithful, you’re either in for a real treat or wishing you’ve never started reading a 365-page devotional. For me, it was the first. As thick as it is, and since it is in fact a yearly devotional, I have not read all of the entries. I’ve read quite a few for the purpose of this review, and have had a heart renewed in the area of missions. I couldn’t believe the number of people involved in creating this touching collection. Entry by entry reveals God’s “big picture,” our humanity, God’s love, our failures, God’s triumphs for His people. Read one devotional page, with verse and prayer, and you’ll be encouraged. Read a few, you’ll begin to see how God works in the everyday. Read even more, and you’ll see how wonderful He really is! Truly, this book touches all areas of the Christian walk, even from the views of missionaries. Months are categorized as subjects such as spiritual warfare, prayer, compassion…and more. I have been inspired to carefully inspect my own life to see how I live for Christ after reviewing this book. It is NOT easy, or even safe, as you recall the persecution of the church, but it is fulfilling in your heart of hearts. I recommend this book to others. It is sound biblically, in my opinion, and one that will prompt you to grow as a follower of Christ!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seems like I saw this or heard of it ...maybe cbd? so...365 days is a long time to work through here?
thanks for your thoughts.
LTTS