Sunday, May 1, 2011

Another Dawn, review




Kathryn Cushman is clearly not afraid to approach a difficult subject in many circles- vaccinations. I have always felt that the decision to vaccinate is such a deep personal choice, and have no strong feelings either way. That said, reading this book was hard for me. I felt the anguish of Grace. The judgement she faced from her family, friends, and more was crushing. Her little boy was put in a position she made for him. Cushman also portrayed the anguish of parents on the other side- the pain of losing a child, of having one ill....from someone else's personal choice- heartbreaking. I personaly have seen a bit of this situation a few years back with friends, within a church, and it definitely pitted one sister in Christ against another Sister. Heartbreaking.

I value the Christian fiction that shows the tough side of life. The raw. The reality. The pain. The glow of hope, that may begin a bit dim, but grows with each passing page because of faith in the Lord. I feel that Cushman wrote a telling story. One that perhaps showed how second chances and standing strong in your beliefs can help you in your life's journey. I hope that those who have read this book gain insight on how to overcome personal prejudices and judgement when it comes to things such as vaccinations.

I believe this is a great book to add to your reading list! I received this book free from Bethany House and am not required to write a positive review.

No comments: