Sunday, May 1, 2011

Courting Miss Amsel, review



Kim Vogel Sawyer has put out yet another delightful read. And as a homeschool mom, this book caught my eye as I read the summary. Sawyer's sweet character, Edythe, begins her first teaching assignment in Nebraska. The folks of this town are not prepared for her "outlandish" teaching methods. As an eclectic-style homeschooler, I understand her desire to reach children where they are so her story touched my heart a bit. I like to share the joys of learning with my children in different, unexpected ways. Just like Edtythe. However, so far, I have not had to deal with outspoken people, or get a threat to be fired from my job.

As far as her students go, however, they love their new teacher, especially two small boys. Their father is, of course, going to be interested in this new teacher of their's as well! But Edythe enjoys her freedom, as much as she has had of it- she has responsibilities but in fact, she she's such freedom in her teaching. Will she let go of that to listen to her heart? Will the townspeople allow to reach out to her students in the way she desires? I invite you to enjoy this pleasant, sweet read if you appreciate a good historical Christian romance!

I received this complimentary copy in return for a review from Bethany House.

No comments: