Tuesday, May 17, 2011

the pleasure of hosting a table at a church ladies tea

how about that for a long post title?



it was fun, demanding, and rewarding. the ladies tea at my church this past saturday.




i was so extremely grateful that my sister in law, Lisa, had some things that really set my table apart and showed "my" style. my china, a mix of our wedding china and a few sets of my grandmas, did well together. my mother had several white tablecloths that i borrowed. ella helped me set the table. she was a WONDERFUL helper. and it was so special for her since she won a prize for her teacup points- a free haircut and a huge bottle of hairspray. so excited for her because she never went to an official beauty salon. i've just trimmed it myself.



i wasn't able to take as many photographs of my table as i had liked, due to other demands, but here are a few. i also had to take photos of groups of people, so my time was split being a table hostess and a photographer. luckily, Ella and I had table guests, well 2 out of 3, who were our neighbors! and they were very understanding. next year, i will not be able to do both. so i will do what is needed. i really wish i could do both, but truly, it was exhausting to set up the table and then take photos and then host and THEN after taking photos, know i have to take down my table decor AND then work on those photos for another couple hours. not doing that next year. one or the other unless i was wonder woman. and when i was little, i always wanted to be wonder woman, amy diane wonder woman snyder, to be exact, but lo and behold, that is not the case!
















next year, i will provide small favors if i have a table. i loved the theme of our table...it was an eclectic mix of Parisian, birds, and vintage. it was nice to hear lovely comments about the little, extra touches. i used some scrapbooking supplies as a last minute addition- such as the little white feathers, the cameo buttons, and the miniature flashcards that said, mother, sister, friends, etc. lisa had ribbon ties for the chairs, tags, crochet doilies, and a few other things for me to use, bless her heart!

hope you enjoyed this little taste of tea!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOw exciting to see your work and think of the time you all were there with others...and the remembrance of ads..wonderwoman on 109 N Cross...w2g!!!!
ltts

re:Inspire said...

OH MY! How wonderful your table turned out! So pretty! Love your pink tags on the china! That was a lot to do in one day. Great job! And we ARE wonderwomen!...us young mothers who manage the children, household, and ministries!
Lisa