Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Lady of Bolton Hill, review




When Clara Endicott and Daniel Tremain's worlds collide after twelve years apart, the spark that was once between them immediately reignites into a romance neither of them thought possible.

But time has changed them both.

Daniel is an industrial titan with powerful enemies. Clara is an idealistic journalist determined to defend underprivileged workers.

Can they withstand the cost of their convictions while their hearts--and lives--hang in the balance?


I was sold on reviewing the book, The Lady of Bolton Hill, because of the cover. It was
elegant, simple, and classy. I was NOT disappointed. It was filled with the same
elegance, but in writing. Even within the first few pages, as the author sets up her story
of the two childhood friends, I was hooked. As a pianist, I prefer Chopin, and it was
delightful to be able to have a connection like that between the characters and myself.
I thought Clara proved to be a strong heroine, even though she had gotten herself in
several seemingly inescapable situations. For the most part, I liked Daniel's character,
but some of his decisions did not set will with me, and I don't know how gracious I would
have been if I had been Clara. Secondary characters were well developed, and I agree
with another reviewer who had written she hoped the villain, Bane, would turn up in
another book. That would be interesting as well, for it was a clever aspect in character
development as far as how Bane changed. This book has great substance- love, faith,
adventure...and I recommend it to those who favor works of historical fiction.
This book was provided by Bethany House and I am not required to write a positive
review.

No comments: