Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Vision for Lucy, a review


Oh, can I just say what a pleasure it was to read A Vision for Lucy?! As a lover of photography, I was yet hooked again by a main character's passion. It was a unique plot- a woman photographer in the late 1800s who, of course, meets negativity about her journey to be a professional. She was a determined woman who set out with a main goal- obtain a photographer's position at a local newspaper. With that as her goal, she had to set out to get a photograph of a man the townspeople thought as "wild."

Right up front, Lucy tells David she needs a photograph of him, after she meets him face to face and learns his name. He doesn't want to give it to her, but soon after they depart begins a series of events that draws them close to each other.

I enjoyed the pace of the book. I also truly loved the little excerpts at the beginning of each chapter from a vintage photography book written by a woman. Some of the information made me laugh right out loud and some I quietly nodded to as well. Thank you for a five star book!

I received this book from BookSneeze and was not required to give a positive review.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok..."meets negativity" ...what a great PUN...zitto would be proud.
LTTS