Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Heart Revealed...a review



Ten years ago, Emma Malloy fled Dublin for Boston as a battered woman, escaping the husband who scarred her beautiful face. The physical and emotional wounds have faded with time, and her life is finally full of purpose and free from the pain of her past. But when she falls for her friend Charity's handsome and charming brother, Sean O'Connor, fear and shame threaten to destroy her. Could Sean and Emma ever have a future together? Or is Emma doomed to live out the rest of her life denying the only true love she's ever known?

Filled with intense passion and longing, deception and revelation, A Heart Revealed will hold readers in its grip until the very last page.


A Heart Revealed by Julie Lessman held my attention from start to finish. The
storyline was realistically constructed, with touches of emotions, thoughts, and action
throughout.
Although the main character's, Emma, story is intended to be the "attention getting story," I loved
reading about the others. Lessman created a deeply intentional and fascinating array
of lives during this time period. I was relieved she took her time to develop each
character, each dialogue, and description and created a longer length novel her readers
could enjoy!
I would recommend reading the first in this series as well, as I did posthaste. Looking
forward to the next chapters!

This review was written in my own words and opinions. I was not required to write a positive review. Thank you to Revell for the review copy!

1 comment:

Julie Lessman said...

SWEET PERIPITY!!! Thank you SO much for the fabulous review -- I am BLESSED!!

I don't know if you are prone to posting your reviews, but if you are, I wanted to let you know that I am running a newsletter contest where anyone who posts a review on Amazon.com, CBD.com, Goodreads, B&N or anywhere else, gets a point for every review posted. Just one review posted enters you into a drawing for a signed copy of Steven's story, A Trust Restored when it comes out next year.

The persons who come in first and second in posting the most reviews will get a character named after them in Steven's story and the top winner will also get a $50 gift card. So if that sounds like something you'd be interested in, just sign up for my newsletter on my website and post this WONDERFUL review wherever you like, then let me know by forwarding me the links. BUT ... if posting reviews is NOT your thing, PLEASE do not worry about it, okay? This is only for those people so inclined.

Either way, I am VERY grateful for you taking the time to sign up for the blog tour AND for writing such a great review.

Hugs,
Julie