Friday, September 9, 2011

Not By Might, review


About the book:

Nurse Natalie Fallon has brought her ailing mother to Denver for her health and starts a job at Denver's Mile High Hospital, where she meets fellow nurse Breanna Baylor Brockman. In Natalie's past is a relationship with Rex Rawlins, a young medical student. Two years prior she had ended the relationship when she learned Rex was planning a rural practice. She is determined not to marry a country doctor like her father, who died at age 43 from overwork. But she has never stopped loving Rex, and now, little does she know that Rex is a rural doctor in the surrounding mountains. A serious accident brings them together, but it will take a miracle to give them the promise of a life together.


My take:

This was HARD to get into, but I was very satisfied about halfway through to the end. I have enjoyed the Lacy's books previously, and as I love westerns, they are good to read. If you want to read a book that discusses the Lord quite a bit, this is it. If you prefer a read that does not talk about God on every page, it is not the book for you. I admit that fact throws me a bit, but the story, the faith, the lesson, the grace behind it always makes me feel as if I spent my time RIGHT. This is WHOLESOME, and you can tell this couple is committed to their God with their heart. This is their ministry, and I so deeply respect them for that. It was an honor to review this book! Very interesting storyline- I fell in love with the characters at the end, the doctor and nurse!

I was not paid for this review, and all thoughts are of my own.

No comments: