Sunday, October 2, 2011

At this time....


Ella....

is halfway done reading Pollyanna. She is loving it and just told me she wishes she had 30 more chapters....

likes to play Fashion Story, on my phone, and, ahem, with her mom...(who admits she thinks it's quite fun too!

cut her hair a little bit because it was getting in her way. don't know what was going through her mind, but her bangs are REALLY short and there is a VERY short, small spot, of tufted (is that a word?) hair on top that really really really needs to grow out...

Philip....

is rereading his magic book, the one I got for ten cents at the booksale here in town.

wants a magician's top hat. this one makes me giggle...he'd look too cute wearing one, i think.

built towers for a little boy in WD's class this morning just so the little boy could knock them down. the father of the little boy told me that today at church, and it just shows that sweet side of him that is endearing.

WD....

still carries Georgie everwhere.

likes to wear no clothes. All. The. Time.

is in a "hold me mommy" stage, and although I love it, truly, it is tough to do that all the time. but I'm trying to treasure it because oh, how this sweet time is short.

Amy....

still drinking a lot of hot chai tea

ready to start the Jamestown unit for homeschooling tomorrow! (so relieved to be done with Columbus- a guy I have mixed feelings about anyways...)

practiced a certain song, for the prelude at church today, at least played it 10 times this week for practice, got up at the piano to play it. looked at my book. drew a complete blank on what song I had chosen and practiced almost A DOZEN TIMES, and had to wing it with a different one. then once we were in the driveway...remembered which one.

Richard...

loving target practice.

watched a prohibition documentary tonight....and we're pretty sure he'd be a bootlegger back then whilst I would be one of those drabby-clothed ladies marching around with signs down the street....

apologized to me for something by waiting for me to go to choir practice the other week, and then, he and the kids could go get me a surprise. i came home to find a tower of pudding (my favorite kind) on the kitchen counter, whipped cream, and carrots (the little sweet petite ones at WalMart are the ones I eat like candy- absolutely love these!). the card read something like this: I'm sorry for "pudding" my foot in my mouth. You are the "cream" of the crop. I know it sometimes seems like I don't "carrot" all but I love you so much.... (haaaaaaaa.......this whole apology cracked me up, i don't think I'll ever forget it. takes a strong and loving person to apologize like he did.)

went to get a book and magazine at Barnes and Noble yesterday with his birthday gift card, and ended up also purchasing my favorite magazine, Somerset Life, there too with some of his money, and brought it home in wonderful fashion.

surprised me again by getting me a new Willow Tree collectible figurine...I have at least 10 I think. This makes 11. It's the one called "the Quilt." a mom is holding a toddler aged child in a rocker, with a quilt draped over the child, and her arms hold him tightly, and his little hands are so sweetly and gently touching her shoulders. it reminded me of how Will David holds on to us. he taps his little hand sometimes on our back, or shoulder....and has the sweet cuddling nature. love.

No comments: