Wednesday, December 14, 2011

delightful book for my horse lovin' girlie


Fourth-grader Ellie James has a great imagination. She spends a lot of time daydreaming of owning a black stallion show horse and winning trophies in the horse show. But when the answer to all her dreams and prayers gallops into her life, will Ellie be able to recognize it? Join Ellie and her quirky family in their exciting, horse-loving adventures.

I jumped at the chance to reign in this book for my daughter to read- and was not disappointed in it's showmanship. (How cheesy is that for an introduction to my review? I couldn't resist!)

My daughter was thrilled with the idea of a girl, who, just like her, would daydream about horses each and every day if she could- and practically does, even in school! It was a book she did not put down until it was read, and I agree with her- very sweet story, especially with its inclusion of Ellie's hearing impaired brother. Ellie's dream is much like my own Ella's dream- owning a horse. Although our own backyard has a bit of land lacking to encourage such a dream, my daughter and her little brother have surely set upon themselves a way for their grandparents to have a horse in their backyard. I can see my daughter gaining much wisdom in the way God works in mighty ways through this book. I love the Christian influence found in it- Ellie's prayers and even the fourth grader's humorous idea of replacing Amazing Grace lyrics with her own horse-infused ones. That gained several giggles from my Ella and myself.

We are both looking forward to reading more of series. I thank the author for providing such a book series for this age group- an answer to prayer!

Thank you to Tyndale Publishing for the review copy. This review is of my own opinion. I was not required to write a positive one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh YAH!!!.."reign it in" whoa...great beginning...I am absolutely excited that such a book arrvied in such a timely manner for the family riders...