Thursday, December 15, 2011

if I went back in time...


i'd stick around here for awhile. when my baby was a baby. i'd like to look at this child as he was sleeping here again, under this adorably decorated Christmas tree. when life "seemed" simpler even though it was crazy dealing with three children, six and under. the little sounds he made then, he kinda still makes those sweet sounds when he sleeps- the sighs, moving of lips, small limbs.

i'm thankful that each day my heart grows more tender to the idea of him growing up.

it is NOT easy. it is harder than i thought it would be to see this child, and my other two wonderful children, grow up.

i think of how God entrusted Mary and Joseph to raise His Son.

He has entrusted Rich and I with three more of his children. It is indeed a journey of absolute trust in God.

My heart is simple in its faith, but made purer and stronger each day. Love to think that as we near Christmas the faith of my own children grows larger and larger....it inspires me to show them God's love every day.

So if I went back in time, I'd like not to stay. There's so much here, as life is pressing on. I want to see those little footprints grow and walk surer along the path God has laid out for them. If I went back in time, I'd treasure the memories I could relive but would set my mind on the ones not made yet and embrace those as they come with joy. If I went back in time, I'd ask God to forgive me for those moments I have missed to truly treasure His spirit. The Lord is good to us all, though we have times when that goodness seems like heartbreak. When the good seems to be a raincloud always above our thoughts. HE is there, and HE IS good. If I went back in time, I'd see this as a testament of His love. But, I don't need to go back in time to see that love- it is here all around, and I am truly thankful, and blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
What a profound, insightful entry; one that speaks of great trust in God highlighted with a sensitivity to His direction for you and your family...great devotional entry.
PC

Dorothy said...

Awwww...I really miss those times. ;o)