Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Barefoot Church

















I'm a chapter in, and find myself grateful for the opportunity to read this book.

It's a call to let go of your conceived notions of who to serve, where to serve, when to serve. Look at the Word, and see how Jesus served. Who. Where. And when.
Are you part of a "socially active" church that proclaims as well?

Are you aiding the process that "keeps the church from withdrawing from the world?" Or, feeding the drive of the world to withdraw from the church?

Are you committed to your own "field of dreams" or God's?

Questions to ponder.....

1 comment:

Gwendolyn Gage said...

Hi Sweet Peripety! A thought-provoking question for sure. :-) Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm encouraged that the inspiration behind my stories pulled you over my way, and I'd love to swap story chapters with you when you're in the mood to be critical ;-)

Here is my email adress: gwen[dot]gage[at]gmail[dot]com

You have a gorgeous family, and I'm so glad to meet you! P.S. -- I would like to sign up for your blog feeds, but I didn't Google Friend Connect or an email subscription widget.