Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Field So Grand

lady





I wish I had a field so grand

Open, sweet, and completely free

To lose a little of my aching heart there

And long to return someday as its queen














I would settle myself among the waves

Of grass, flowers, and deep breaths

Never wasting my gaze upon the ordinary again but

The majesty of the mountains upon my soul, at rest



If I could do so this moment

Take my solitary self away to the far off field

The moments here would be too long, too slow, and I think....

Is it like heaven, where my weary soul will yield?



Our God makes a restful place, for His children

A pleasing place to gather His daughters and sons

I imagine, I ponder, and I dream of such a land

To where this wearisome battle will be finally won.










No comments: