Monday, August 27, 2012

Don't be afraid to dip into your own reflection

Whose reflection do you see, in your OWN reflection?
As I raise my children....

I MUST look at myself differently.

Because they see things so differently than I want them too.

I have an idea of who I should be, and it's (mostly) not there.

So I must try to be more like Jesus.

Reflect, ponder, change.  Rinse and repeat.

I don't want the ripples of my reflection to be fingers pointing from them at me. I want to find my faults through Christ, not through my children's voice to me.

I care to see my reflection clearer and clearer through HIS lens, not my own.

I want to reflect HIS love. Not my own sinful nature.

I pray my reflection finds a way to reflect HIM to all who see it...

1 comment:

Sam said...

What an amazing insight. Thank you for this post.