Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas Roses, a review!

Celia Anderson doesn't need anything for Christmas except a few more boarders, which are hard to come by in this small mining town. She certainly doesn't have a husband on her Christmas wish list. But when a wandering carpenter finds lodging at her boarding house, she admits that she might remarry if she found the right man--the kind of man who would bring her roses for Christmas. It would take a miracle to get roses during a harsh Wyoming winter. But Christmas, after all, is the time for miracles . . .

Amanda Cabot invites readers to cozy up with a romantic, heartwarming tale of the greatest gift of all--love.



I love a well-written novella. I love a nostalgic setting. I love a Christmas story....so I am delighted to say Christmas Roses, by Amanda Cabot, has all of this.

There's so much packed in this precious book...love, faith, family.   Mark's character unfolds in a way that shows how God orchestrates all things.   Celia is a woman who thinks her wish is unreachable...and how her wish "unfolds" is sweet, to say the least.  Expect a story to savor, beginning to end, and a few surprising events.  Everything you need in a novel.  This Christmas, I highly recommend this lovely story to add to your holiday book collection!

Thank you to Baker Publishing for the complimentary review copy in return for an original review.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Even though you and I live very different lives with very different interests, you keep coming up with books I'd actually want to read. LOL!!!

BTW, I don't have your email to send you my mailing address. Shoot me one at elliottpipe at gmail dot com and I'll give it to you. Many thanks for the offer. :)

Amanda Cabot said...

Thanks so much for your review. Needless to say, I'm delighted that you highly recommend my story.